The Ridges parking lot will be closed for an extensive underground water pipe replacement commencing on May 18, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. until May 31, 2021 (tentatively). This repair will require digging a large/deep trench and will require shutting off of water to the G,H, J buildings. Due to the nature of the repair the G,H,J water rooms, laundry room and Recreational Room will not be accessible during this time. Water usage to the entire complex may be periodically impacted.
Due to the dangers associated with operating heavy machinery during the excavation of the driveway, vehicle and pedestrian traffic will not be permitted. Vehicles parked in the parking spaces after 5:00 p.m. on May 18, 2021 will be towed at the owner’s expense. Parking will be available in the overflow parking lot across from the garbage dumpsters.
Buildings G, H, and J will be the most impacted and no guests or part time residents will have access to the units. If you are a full time Resident please contact the Board via email with any concerns. Board members will be on site to help and supervise this process. We understand this may be inconvenient to many but it is a necessary repair that must be completed and this is the least invasive time to do it.
This Board has assessed the impact and need of this project and has determined what is best for our community. Although we are mindful that this project may prevent some homeowners from renting out their property during the excavation, the plumbing company informed us this was the only large time slot that was available all summer. This necessary repair impacts all homeowners and unfortunately prevents many homeowners from spending a Holiday weekend at The Ridges at Chalet Village.
It is our responsibility to do what is best for the community as a whole. It is not our fiduciary duty to take into account loss of business income due to necessary repairs/emergencies. There was no “conclusion” to intrude a holiday weekend.
Please keep in mind this is only an estimated time frame. There is always a chance that unforeseen delays may arise in dealing with this type of repair. We ask owners to inform any rental, management companies, or cleaning persons as to these restrictions. The Board will update the community as to the progress and completion of the repair as the project continues. We appreciate your patience and understanding and we are thankful that this pipe has held steadfast through the winter and we didn’t have an emergency situation arise.
The Annual Meeting scheduled for May 29, 2021 will be postponed to a later date and time TBD.
- Thermostats inside your units MUST be set at 55+ degrees when unoccupied
- See the latest resort information on opening dates, sales, etc. at the Brian Head Resort webpage.
- Brian Head Town – Nightly Rentals – Cabins & Condos information. Follow the link to the most current town information on short term rentals.
- Facebook page using our community name was created by a private party and is not an official representation of our community HOA or Board of Directors. It was created without Board of Directors consent and any information posted has not been verified by HOA Board.
Webcams from The Ridges
- Webcam 1 South View from H5 – Fixed cam looking South from H5
- Webcam 2 Brian Head temperature – Mini weather station, the bottom number shows outside air temp @ H5, cam is lighted Webcam
- Webcam 3 Entryway/snow depth – View from the J bldg. basement looking Southeast, with view of entry drive and Giant Steps ski runs in the backgroud